Monday, June 13, 2011

Daydreaming

It's been a hot minute since I've but my fingers to the keys to crank out a blog, but just so you know, that's very common for me.  I don't think I like to write unless it is being worked out in my life, and actually, not too many things have been reworking in my landscape until recently.

Today is my first day on staff at Renovatus.  I'm sitting in a quiet office listening to Fink and daydreaming about what this next leg of the race is going to look like.  If you are a fellow Renovatian and you are reading this, it's my privilege to lay down my developing abilities in service to the Kingdom and to you.

I should know better than to forecast my life.  Every time I make a plan, it seems our sneaky God has something else up His sleeves that better suits me anyway.

Katie is 15 weeks now and feeling much better.  She doesn't think so, but all the changes that she is traversing make her more lovely in my eyes.  I'm betting there's a little girl in there.  So sayeth the "ring trick" and the Chinese Lunar Calendar.  Don't knock the games I play with myself.  They provide many blissful hours of "what if's" and "maybe's".  Leona Claire Rogers after my Great Grandmother.  We don't have a name for a boy.  I guess I should start looking into that.



Elliot is saying thank you, which sounds more like; "tink ew."  I melt a little every time he says it, but I don't want him to know that.  He tries to make me laugh now when he gets into trouble.  It works more times than I'd like to confess.  He leads me around the house by the hand.  Rotten.  I love it.




God is teaching me on the regular.  Things about humility.  Things about repentance.  Things about manhood.  He spoke sweet words to me in worship this weekend.  He's shown me the root of my rebellious nature.  The good of it and the bad.  When to rebel and when to submit.  Kind Teacher.  
I'm nuts about Him.

As I start something new, I'm eager to see what He's plotting.  What's going to happen in Birchcroft this year?  What's going to happen to Jonathan and Amanda and my Family at Renovatus.  How is He going to continue to shape and rework my family?  My parents?  My siblings?  All that jazz.

The certainty I keep in my heart (its on my left sleeve) is of His goodness no matter the circumstance, so I move forward into these changes without fear.


3 comments: