Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sanctification

sanc·ti·fy
  [sangk-tuh-fahy]  Show IPA
–verb (used with object), -fied, -fy·ing.
1.
to make holy; set apart as sacred; consecrate.
2.
to purify or free from sin: Sanctify your hearts.
3.
to impart religious sanction to; render legitimate or binding:to sanctify a vow.
4.
to entitle to reverence or respect.
5.
to make productive of or conducive to spiritual blessing.


If I listen to my heart to the messages put out there last night, I think it's quite clear, that while we've been praying for a direction, the Lord meant for us to be sanctified first.  I don't think that's meant to be a "Holy Pitty Party" where we dialogue about each other's sins until we are blue in the face, but that He means to put us to work, and to qualify us first.

I think I've heard it said before, but I'm not sure from where "He doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."

It fills my heart to know that we are getting ready to be used.  

About Thanksgiving in Birchcroft.  I got the green light from Jonathan, (Speaking of, if you have the opportunity to, or even if you don't, stop that man when you see him and hug him around his neck, even if that means jumping.  I've known a lot pastors in my young walk with Christ, and I haven't met many who are so trusting in their flock that they would allow us to set a vision from the Lord out to the church without micromanaging or looking over our shoulders.  We are so blessed to have a leader like him.  I'm not blowing smoke.  We really are.)

I've signed up Reimagined Landscapes at www.signupgenious.com I tried to use Friends Feed Friends, Denis, but I couldn't figure it out quick enough and we're on a time crunch.  We need to figure that out though for any preceding events. 




I'll rally the troops Sunday morning, having been given Jonathan's permission.


It feels like the Lord is steering is in a direction that is meeting us all where we are at.  Prisoners, the trafficked, the poor, widows and orphans...it looks like they can all be found under this one umbrella.  


I don't say this lightly, but last night, I totally felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.  Keep your hearts humbled as you continue to seek him.  I'm so humbled to be surrounded by each of you.  I love watching what God is up to, and I'm eager to share this journey with you.

Do justice.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with your God.



No comments:

Post a Comment